This is the audio from our video here:https://youtu.be/oWuFtn8PnMI
Fantastic blues guitarist Matt Schofield visits TPS with his new Mad Professor Supreme Pedal, Two Rock amp and SVL ’61 Daytona guitar. Matt shares a ton of playing knowledge and tone tips before jamming with the TPS Band… including Dan and Mick!
Matt Schofield is an incredible musician whom Dan and I have known for almost two decades now. His unerring dedication to constant improvement, refinement and expression in his playing is inspirational to say the least, as is his stellar tone and dynamic touch. He’s also a beacon for purity and simplification on the gear front, all of which we discuss in this video including some awesome jamming with Paddy Blight on bass and Dougie Mussard on drums… otherwise known as the TPS Band.
Matt has the new Supreme overdrive pedal out with Mad Professor – Harri Koski also joins us – and we must also say a massive thanks to Damo Ford from Curt Mangan strings and Reunion Blues gigbags for organising Matt’s visit.
Curt Mangan: https://dynamicmusicdistribution.co.uk/collections/matt-schofield-signature-set
Reunion Blues: https://dynamicmusicdistribution.co.uk/pages/reunion-blues
Matt is using the Two-Rock Classic Reverb Signature amplifier throughout, with the Universal Audio Ox Box set to minimum attenuation into the TR 2x12 cab.
Dan and Mick play through the Victory V140 The Super Duchess.
Please enjoy the episode!
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Pedals & stuff in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three2One
• Mad Professor Supreme
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2oPzdwS
• Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/31oZFdO
• Henretta Crimson Tremolo
• Sonic Research ST-300
• Keeley D&M Drive
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2oTblU1
• Mythos Argo
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2UT0EVw
• Catalinbread Echorec
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2mORqUL
• Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2RVldeS
• Neo Instruments Mini Vent II
• Supro Tremolo
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2pZrAkZ
• TheGigRig G2
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Coming up in this episode: 0:00
- Intro playing: 1:07
- Matt here!: 2:25
- Things have changed with Matt’s board.. 4:34
- Why does Matt like simple setups?: 4:45
- The new Mad Professor Supreme: 8:22
- Meet the Mad Professor – Harri Koski: 10:40
- Harry and Matt talk about the design of the new Supreme: 11:20
- Righteous noises from the stacked Supreme: 13:17
- The influence of music genres when designing gear: 15:30
- Matt and the TPS band (Paddy and Doug) have a jam!:17:02
- Playing loud and using dynamics: 21:07
- Gigging without pedals? 28:25
- Tone control on Matt’s Strat: 30:35
- Two-Rock Classic Reverb Signature on 50 and 100 watts: 32:44
- Matt uses the OX?!: 33:15
- More jam: 35:01
- New music and his musical journey: 40:21
- Mick and Dan join Matt and the band for a final epic jam!: 53:53
Guitars in this episode:
• SVL ’61 Daytona (based on SVL Reserve) http://www.svlguitars.com/svl-reserve.html
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster - Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
Amps in this episode
• Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature with Two-Rock 212 cabinet / TR 1265B speakers
• Victory V140 The Super Duchess and V212VCD cab/Celestion G12M-65 Creamback Speakers
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf