We discuss and demonstrate ways to get better recorded guitar tones at home, following our experience during Covid-19 social distancing.
Where does technology sit; what does it do for us and what does it stop us doing? That seems to be the main topic of discussion.
We hope you enjoy this episode.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
Split-screen non-sadness: 0:00
What are we doing today? 4:13
1. An Iso Cab Has Been A Game Changer: 4:55
Discussion of Thing 1: 12:07
2. Quiet Amps Mic’d Are Better Than IRs (For Me Anyway): 16:40
Discussion of Thing 2: 31:01
3. Don’t Wait For A Bus, Add One To Your Tracks: 36:45
Discussion of Thing 3: 40:23
4. It’s Totally Okay To Use Plenty Of Pre & Post Effects: 45:28
Discussion of Thing 4: 57:49
5. Separate Tech From Playing & Practise From Performance: 1:01:50
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives https://www.patreon.com/ThatPedalShow
Please visit our preferred retailers! UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf