This is the audio from our video https://youtu.be/Bk8TcxrlLwM
This is Dan’N’Mick’s Pick’N’Mix where we feature bunch of pedals that are new (to us anyway).
Our agenda is purely to plug them in, see what cool sounds and features we find, and combine them in whatever way inspires. That’s it!
This one is a slight step from the norm – we’re currently inundated with fuzz pedals, so here are NINE in one hit!
A note on the stereo field changes/anomalies in this video. Mick's thoughts...
"You'll hear differences in the stereo field as we switch pedals on and off during this video. After doing the audio and listening back, I think it's down to three possible things…
1) We're using two amps and they are panned a little bit left and right. The Supro (panned relatively left) has far great headroom than the Victory (panned relatively right). So when we step on a pedal that's set with a lot of volume and less fuzz, the Supro gets a lot louder, where the Victory overdrives more and doesn't get as loud (much less headroom0.
2) The volume increases with the cleaner pedals are picked up more via the room mics - you hear more room mic as the amps get louder and they are configured in a stereo mid-side configuation.
3) Less obvious but still possible, it might be a phasing issue with different gain stages/modes in pedals.
Enjoy the video…
Pedals used in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three2One
• D’Addario Pedal Tuner
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2tIN4lD
• Audio Kitchen The Flying Squirrel
• RYRA Fuzz-A-Matic
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2CQ4Ef9
• Greer Amps Tarpit Fuzz
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2P2cgCr
• Crazy Tube Circuits Constellation
• ZVEX Fuzzolo
• Fredric Effects Utility Perkolator
• Greuter Audio Jumbo Fuzz
• Fender The Pelt Fuzz
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2OcOT3S
• Anarchy Audio Baaa Bzzz
• Keeley VibeOVerb
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2Q6u8Zw
• TheGigRig G2
Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro: 00:00
- Today’s amps: 1:26
- Mick’s butt crack: 2:10
- Audio Kitchen Flying Squirrel: 2:44
- RYRA Fuzz-A-Matic: 5:48
- Greer Amps Tarpit: 7:22
- Crazy Tube Circuits Constellation: 9:35
- ZVEX Fuzzolo: 13:20
- Fredric Effects Utility Percolator: 16:00
- Greuter Audio Jumbo Fuzz: 20:00
- Fender The Pelt Fuzz: 23:00
- Anarchy Audio Baa Bzz: 26:35
- All on? Surely not? 30:20
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 - no video yet
Amps in this episode
• Victory Sheriff 44 & V212VH cabinet
• Supro Black Magick 112 combo
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
USA: Riff City Guitar & Music Company http://bit.ly/2cyOYjD
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf